A list of helpful notes compiled by our Registrar - Shirley Young
1. Lost Badges: Can be replaced at the registration desk with proper ID. Cost $5.00.
2. For assistance look for a volunteer wearing a maroon CanIron VIII T’shirt.
3. A limited supply of Conference T-shirts, caps and bucket hats can be purchased in the registration area.
4. There will be a Registration List posted in the registration area.
5. Tourist Information is included in registrant swag bags. Extra info is available at the tourism office in Fergus.
6. SAFETY FIRST – Be sure you are alert when near any of the demonstration tents. You MUST be wearing your SAFETY GLASSES when entering a demo tent otherwise you will be asked to leave. Safety glasses and earplugs are included in the registrant swag bags – please use them. Extras can be purchased at the registration area.
7. CELL PHONES - Please be considerate of others and have your cell phone off or in vibrate mode when in a seminar, demonstration area and/or workshop. As a courtesy to other attendees please move away from these areas to make and receive calls.
8. Iron-in-the-Hat draws will take place Friday and Saturday between 1:15-1:30 pm. Special Draw on Sunday at 1:15 pm.
9. Names will be drawn for the morning workshops the previous evening after dinner and for afternoon and evening workshops before lunch that day. The names will be announced as drawn and a list will be posted at the workshop tent.
Separate jars along with note pads for you to write your name for each workshop you are interested in will be available at the Hospitality Tent in the restricted area.
10. We are trying to be “green” so ask that you bring and use your own water bottles and travel mugs. Water coolers will be available in the tents to refill bottles and coffee will be available in the Hospitality Tent. There will be bottled water and pop in coolers in the Hospitality Tent at a cost of $1.00 each.