Alternative Food ?
Check Local Information - the CanIRON 8 site is mere blocks away from:
• Downtown Fergus - with pubs and a variety of sit down restaurants.
• Fast Food Strip - along highway 6 (you will drive past on your way north to the CanIRON 8 site)
• OABA is providing complimentary water and coffee. A re-useable cup or water bottle is included with your membership package - or bring your own (please!).
• Cold drinks and muffins will be available at the OABA Hospitality area.
Note that there are no other food services offered directly
on site. (Other than the Meal Plan described above.)
• There are TWO areas available for camping right on the CanIRON
- An open field area, adjacent to the CanIRON grounds, designed for RV's or trailers (with tent use as
well). These spaces are about 20 x 40 feet, and have possible electric
and cold water hook ups. There are no direct waste hook ups, but there
is a waste dump station on site.
'Sharing' limit is one vehicle and no more than three tents.
- A forested area, set back at the rear of the Sportsplex grounds, designed for tent use only. These spaces are about 20 x 30, with only limited electric and water points
(no direct hook ups).
'Sharing' limit is one vehicle and no more than two tents.
• There are flush toilets and showers available in a building set between these two camping areas.
There are also bathrooms and showers available inside the Sportsplex building (just beside the Gallery).
• Remember that there is a POOL inside the Sportsplex, open daily for
public swim - Details
The CanIRON 8 team has also prepared a list of area hotels, motels,
B & B, and camp grounds. DOWNLOAD as a PDF