Thinking about taking the opportunity to sell something to those gathered for CanIRON 8 at Fergus? Here is the lowdown on what is available to you:
Tail Gate Area
There will be an area available to paid CanIRON 8 REGISTRANTS ONLY for more casual 'tail gate' styled sales.
- Only full paid registrants can set up in this area - there is NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- Only full paid registrants will have access to the area (as customers)
- The basic space is 10 x 15 feet (a 'truck')
- Vehicles can access the area ONLY :
Thursday - 11 to 12 AM / 5 - 6 PM
Friday & Saturday - 8 to 9 AM / 5 to 6 PM
Sunday - 8 to 9 AM / 1:30 - 5 PM
NOTE : There are no other 'in and out' privileges, 'once its parked, it stays the day'
- Area will only be fenced off during stated hours, no security is provided.
- Participants can set up their own overhead booth with tables if they wish, no electric will be provided.
Paid registrants to CanIRON 8 can offer the objects they display in the Gallery for sale. Remember the gallery is open to the general public (free admission, 1:30 to 4:30 PM each day). Gallery staff will NOT be handling direct sales, but will collect contact information from potential purchasers. You will have to make the arrangements with the customers to complete the sales. CanIRON 8 asks that a good will honourarium of 5% of the sale be donated to the CanIRON 9 (2013) fund.
An auction, open to the general public, will be held on Saturday from 6:30 - 9 PM. Individuals may chose to sell items via this auction. Please, only objects or tools related to blacksmithing. There will be a 30% COMMISSION off the sales price withheld by CanIRON 8. (Remember that HST will apply to these sales.)
There are a number of commercial vendor's spaces available in a special (outdoor) area of the CanIRON 8 grounds. These spaces are OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC (free admission) for specified hours.
- The basic space is 10 x 10 feet @ $100 (+HST) / 10 x 20 @ $150 (+HST)
- You must supply your own booth and fixtures.
- Limited provision for electric power can be arranged.
- Open hours : Thursday - 1 to 6 PM
Friday & Saturday - 9 AM to 6 PM
Sunday - 9 AM to 1:30 PM
- Set up : Thursday - 9 AM to 12 noon
- Tear down : Sunday - 1:30 to 5 PM
- Vehicle access : 8 to 9 AM / 6 to 7 PM - ONLY (no 'in and out' privileges)
- Area will be fenced off outside public hours, BUT NO SECURITY IS PROVIDED.
- Renting a vendor's space DOES NOT include membership access to the CanIRON 8 grounds.
More information on applying as a CanIRON 8 Vendor is available as a PDF download
Just want to help CanIRON 8 out?
CanIRON 8 would be more than happy to accept donations of items that will support our fundraising efforts. Small items are ideal for the popular Iron in the Hat draws, which will be taking place daily over the event. Larger items donated will be sold at the public auction. In either case, full mention of your kind support will be made verbally and on our list of supporters.
More information on becoming a Sponsor of CanIRON 8 is available as a PDF download
Sorry that there has not been too much new content here of late. We have been too busy WORKING on CanIRON 8 - to have time to just write about working!